Abbey Hey Primary Academy is open to children of all backgrounds and abilities.
To apply for a Nursery place, please fill in the application form below and return to the school office. Once we receive your application form your child's name will be added to the waiting list. Places for the September 2019 intake will be allocated in March 2019. If you are interested in applying for a place at Abbey Hey and would like to come for a look around, please contact the school office to arrange a visit.
Abbey Hey Primary Academy
Nursery Admissions Policy 2018/2019
- Parents/carers may register their child on the nursery waiting list by giving details to the office.
- Children must be 3 years old before they can be admitted to the nursery.
- The main intake will be during the Autumn Term but places which become available will be offered to children who have requested an in-year admission.
- Places will be offered and meetings/visits arranged, during the Summer Term prior to main Autumn Term admissions.
- Parents /carers offered a place must accept within 2 weeks otherwise the place will be reallocated and the child’s name removed from the waiting list.
Nursery Admissions Criteria are as follow:
- Children who have been identified as vulnerable or identified additional needs.
- Children who have an elder brother or sister attending this school at the time of admission.
- Other children, on age basis of eldest first, based on living distance from school, with no siblings attending this school at the time of admission
To apply for a place in Reception to Year 6 please follow Manchester City Council admission process by clicking on the following link: http://www.manchester.gov.uk/admissions
Once Manchester Council offer you a place in our school you and your child will be invited to attend an admission meeting with Mrs Short (SENCo) and Mrs Melia (Administration Manager). These meetings take place on a Wednesday. This will be a chance for us to get information about your child and for you to ask any questions you may have. During this meeting your child will also be introduced to his/ her class teacher. Your child will then start school on the following Monday.
You can now apply for a September 2019 High School place for your child. All applications must be submitted by 31st October 2018. To apply. please click the following link:-