Abbey Hey Primary Academy is open to children of all backgrounds and abilities.
Routine Consultation on Academy Admissions Arrangements
The governors of Abbey Hey Academy are consulting on the Academy’s Admissions Policy. This is a routine consultation which is required by the School Admissions Code to take place every 7 years.
The draft policy for consultation can be viewed on the link below, or a hard copy is available on request from the school at: email@example.com
Applying for a Nursery Place
To apply for a Nursery place, please fill in the application form below and return to the school office. Once we receive your application form your child's name will be added to the waiting list. Places for the September 2022 intake will be allocated in March 2022. If you are interested in applying for a place at Abbey Hey and would like to come for a look around, please contact the school office to arrange a visit.
Abbey Hey Primary Academy
Nursery Admissions Policy 2023/2024
- Parents/carers may register their child on the nursery waiting list by giving details to the office.
- Children must be 3 years old before they can be admitted to the nursery.
- The main intake will be during the Autumn Term but places which become available will be offered to children who have requested an in-year admission.
- Places will be offered and meetings/visits arranged, during the Summer Term prior to main Autumn Term admissions.
- Parents /carers offered a place must accept within 2 weeks otherwise the place will be reallocated and the child’s name removed from the waiting list.
Nursery Admissions Criteria are as follow:
- Children who have been identified as vulnerable or identified additional needs.
- Children who have an elder brother or sister attending this school at the time of admission.
- Other children, on age basis of eldest first, based on living distance from school, with no siblings attending this school at the time of admission
Applying for a place in Reception - Year 6
To apply for a place in Reception to Year 6 please follow Manchester City Council admission process by clicking on the following link: http://www.manchester.gov.uk/admissions
Once Manchester Council offer you a place in our school you and your child will be invited to attend an admission meeting with Mrs Short (SENCo) and Mrs Melia (Administration Manager). This will be a chance for us to get information about your child and for you to ask any questions you may have. During this meeting your child will also be introduced to his/ her class teacher. Your child will then start school on the following Monday.
Applying for a High School Place
High school applications for 2024 have now closed. For late applications please see the link below.
To apply for a September 2025 High School place for your child, applications must be submitted by November 2024. To apply. please click the following link:-